Back to News Listing
Consumer Voice to Offer FREE State-Based Advocacy Skills Trainings!
May 22, 2014
As part of our Consumers for Quality Care, No Matter Where initiative, the National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care (Consumer Voice) will be offering FREE state-based, in-person advocacy trainings for groups with the capacity to make an impact on policy and contribute to the Consumer Voice's national efforts. We welcome anyone and everyone - long-term care ombudsman programs, consumer advocacy groups, family/caregiving groups, consumer alliances, and community and senior organizations - to apply to receive these trainings. It doesn't matter how much or how little advocacy you've done in the past - all are welcome to apply!
What will the trainings involve?
- A pre-training conference call where participants will learn how to strategize around a particular issue.
- On-site training with Consumer Voice staff coming directly to YOU. You can choose a half-day or full-day training.
A full-day training will cover all topics listed below; a half-day training will include two out of the four following topics of your choice:
- How to craft an effective advocacy message.
- Delivering your message in person; the nuts and bolts of meeting with a key decision maker.
- Delivering your message: utilizing both traditional approaches and social media.
- How to grow, support, and activate your network.
- A post-training webinar which will focus on skills not covered during the in-person training, elaborate on topics needing more depth, and address additional questions or concerns.
How do I apply?
The window for applications will run from June 3rd - June 23rd. Mark your calendars and make sure to check back here!
- We'll be sending out more details about the application process and the trainings in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!
- In the interim, put together a group of individuals who want to receive these trainings. You'll need at least 20 individuals to qualify. Priority will be given to applicants who will be joined by other advocates outside their organization or program.
If you are interested in receiving our advocacy skills training or have any questions, please contact Sara Cirba, Advocacy and Development Associate, at email@example.com or 202-332-2275 ext. 221.
Back to News Listing