Back to News Listing
Your Consumer Voice Membership Shows Your Support for Quality Long-Term Care
October 07, 2014
The Consumer Voice envisions a world in which all consumers of long-term care, services and supports are treated with respect and dignity. As we work to achieve this goal, we need friends and advocates like you to join us in our fight to achieve quality services for all long-term care consumers. There is strength in numbers, and when there are many of us and our voice is strong, only then do we achieve our mission of empowering consumers and bringing about quality of life and quality care for all people receiving long-term care, services and supports. That is why we need your help - become a member of the Consumer Voice! The Consumer Voice is pursuing many policy and advocacy priorities, and only together can we continue to make progress towards our goals.
Consumer Voice Current Priorities:
- Better Staffing - Higher levels of staffing lead to better care, but the federal government does not require nursing homes to have at least a minimum number of staff on duty. Consumer Voice has been working to further Congresswoman Jen Schakowsky's bill "Put a Registered Nurse in the Nursing Home Act" which would require nursing homes to have a RN on duty round the clock.
- The National Ombudsman Resource Center - Provides support, technical assistance and training to the 53 State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs and their statewide networks of almost 600 regional/local programs. NORC enhances the skills, knowledge and management capacity of the State programs to enable them to handle residents' complaints and represent resident interests.
- Misuse of antipsychotics - The Consumer Voice is actively fighting to end the misuse of antipsychotic drugs as chemical restraints. Most recently, Consumer Voice challenged CMS' incremental goals to reduce rampant misuse of antipsychotic drugs in nursing homes, saying that CMS is doing far too little to protect elderly residents.
- Nursing home enforcement - Consumer Voice has also called upon CMS to strengthen the nation's law and regulations that require nursing homes to provide quality care. Consumer Voice identified key problems with the current enforcement system that negatively impact the health, safety and well-being of residents and called for specific changes.
To continue to push forward these policy and advocacy priorities (and more), join now as a member of the Consumer Voice.
Join or renew your membership now now and receive a SPECIAL OFFER: Your membership will not expire until December 2015 - That's 3 months FREE!
Your membership support is valuable to us - and to you too. The Consumer Voice provides webinars, trainings and toolkits on a variety of issue areas. Explore our website and the Consumer Voice Clearinghouse for access to countless resources, best practices and helpful guides for your advocacy. Plus, Consumer Voice members have added benefits.
- 10% off of purchases in our store, including notable publications, DVD and audio trainings, and promotional products
- Significantly discounted registration rates to our annual conference, a truly one-of-a-kind experience that includes the best speakers in the field, many opportunities to network with your colleagues and time to interact directly with long-term care consumers.
- Sign up to receive our weekly e-newsletter, The Gazette
- Sign up to join our Action Network and get action alerts which provide timely notifications of how you can affect LTC policy decisions
- Know that by joining Consumer Voice, you are supporting the one organization solely dedicated to achieving quality long-term care
Join us as a member to work towards achieving quality long-term care for all consumers.
Remember, by joining or renewing your membership now, you will receive 3 months free!
Questions regarding membership? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to News Listing